Results of Commissioner Elections
Following the annual election cycle to fill positions that are open as Commissioners reach their term limits, we are pleased to welcome four new Commissioners.
Academic Member, Faculty Representative (2)
- Dr. Barbara Dunsheath, Professor of History, East Los Angeles College and Trustee, North Orange County Community College District, was elected to a first term.
- Ms. Sally Pestana, Director of Non-Credit Health Education, University of Hawaiʻi, Kapiʹolani Community College, was elected to a first term.
Administrative Member, Independent Institution Representative (1)
- Dr. Danika Bowen, Vice President of Accreditation and Professional Regulation and Accreditation Liaison Officer, Carrington College, was elected to a first term.
WASC Senior College and University Commission Representative (1)
- Dr. Maria del Carmen Sigler, Retired College Administrator, was elected to a first term.
Two members were elected to serve a second term.
Administrative Member, Pacific College Representative (1)
- Dr. Mary A.Y. Okada, President/CEO of Guam Community College, was elected to a second term.
Administrative Member, California System Representative (1)
- Mr. Erik Skinner, Deputy Chancellor of the California Community Colleges, was elected to a second term.
The new Commissioners’ terms begin November 1, 2017 and they will be seated and introduced at the January 2018 Commission meeting.